Your full name: Katherine McCabe Legato
--What does it mean?: Katherine means purity. McCabe means um…not sure. It’s irish, that much I know. Legato can mean either lawyer or smooth, sustaining in music terms…but that’s because it literally means ‘bound’ in Italian which is where we get ligature from. How do I know this shit?
Your birthday: May 26, 1984
Height: 5’6” and three quarters. Fine, fine – 5’7”. I just think 5’6” sounds prettier as a number.
Eye colour: brown
--Do you like it?: um…im fine with it, yes.
Natural hair colour: a little darker brown than it is currently….
--Do you like it?: my natural one or my unnatural one? Obviously I decided to go with something else so I preferred something more to my natural one.
Gender: female….though I hope the answers to the last few questions led you to that conclusion already.
Religion: Episcopalian (i.e. Anglican)
--Have you ever changed religions?: ive barely made a dent with the one I have.
--Would you consider it?: see above
Race: white….though on standardized tests I used to check ‘other’ and then write ‘european’ just to be a brat.
Heritage: ½ Italian, then the other side is predominantly Scotch-Irish which means there’s inevitably English and welsh and French (Norman, I think) mixed in there. And I have one ancestor who was german…but mostly everyone seemed to try to keep the krauts out of there.
--Do you like your heritage?: sure. Though the irish, etc doesn’t show so much in me.
Where do you live?: L.A./London
Have you ever moved cities or countries?: not permanently….semesters/years abroad, etc….and one summer. And only to Florence and London. Oh and Chico and Santa Barbara. If we’re going to get reeeally technical about it, I lived in Glendale til I was two and then we moved to Pasadena for the next 21 years so its really splitting hairs.
Your job: ummm, yeah….about that….
--Do you enjoy it?: see above
~*Favourites*~
Movie: gone with the wind, bien sur
TV show: grey’s, friends reruns, etc
TV character: Rachel Green
Movie character: Scarlett O’Hara, naturally.
Book: Gone with the Wind (noticing a trend here?)
Literary character: ill give you one guess.
Author: umm, Margaret Mitchell? Except she only wrote one book so yeah….i like nick hornby a lot, and maeve binchy, and Helen fielding, Rosalind miles, philippa Gregory, and a bunch of other random people
Band: u2
Song: ‘with or without you’ hands down
Type of music: rock’n’rolllllllllll
‘
Instrument: guitar, bass
Cereal: I have a thing for lucky charms predominately because I was never allowed to have them as a kid. We ate a whole bunch of other crap but my mom drew the line at lucky charms.
Fast food place: in’n’out, del taco too…I wont lie.
Dessert: panna cotta
Country: USA!
City: Los Angeles!
Place to travel: London, Italy, and places with white sand beaches and green-blue seas and umbrella drinks.
Airline: virgin or BA
Shampoo/conditioner: redken all soft or if im going wavy TIGI curls rock (look I don’t name these ok?)
Lotion: clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. (longest name for a small bottle of face lotion EVER)
Subject in school: English, history, and whoever is the cutest boy in the class.
Teacher: mrs may (5th grade), mrs. Schwartz (8th grade), ms. Johnston (12th grade) and dom alessio in college.
Province: um…I don’t know if im too terribly familiar with any provinces. Certainly not enough to have a favorite one.
State (if you're American): California, obviously.
Football team: American football, im assuming? Ummmm, I don’t know….ill say USC, though its college, cause its my sisters school.
Hockey team: ok def don’t care about this one.
Athlete: kobe (rape charges and all), and luke walton (also lakers) cause he’s yummy.
Sport to play: basketball
Sport to watch: basketball
Fruit: um…I like pineapple. And technically avocados are fruit, so them above all.
Vegetable: the potato in all its wonderful variations, and I like green beans
Snack: I had a major thing for Pringles this last semester, but I think/hope/pray im over that. Now its probably diet coke….i know it doesn’t technically count, but get over it. Its true.
Meal: ohhh totally thanksgiving.
Restaurant: erm….i really don’t know…we eat out A LOT and im pretty much sick of all of them, even having been gone a semester.
Grocery store: gelsons I guess? Or Bristol farms. In London it was marks and spencers but I don’t know why, I really didn’t like anything there.
~*Have You Ever*~
Gone on a blind date?: um, no.
Flown in an airplane?: I feel as though flown isn’t the right verb for this, but anyway….yes.
Thrown up on an airplane?: no….i don’t even think when I was a little kid. Im relatively controlled about my throwing up locations.
Enjoyed Shakespeare?: yes. Once. No really, of course I have. Dumb question – next!
Been to the opera?: yes.
Been to the theatre?: yes.
Seen a streaker?: yeah…I went with Kirsten to her final at ucsb once and some guy streaked through the lecture hall….lets just say, i was underwhelmed.
Flipped someone off?: apparently you are not familiar with my road rage.
Been in a fist fight?: im a lady!
Been drunk?: and contradicting that last response – many many times.
Had alcohol poisoning?: no, I don’t think so.
Been walked in on while you're naked?: im sure….somehow I think I probably wouldn’t have cared that much.
Slept in a snowbank?: um….im from southern California = no.
Made a snow angel?: yes. Overrated. Except ive only been in that much snow twice in my life so I guess it was novel.
Lost any teeth?: just when I was little…and then they took my wisdoms out, but those weren’t lost, per se.
Been in the hospital?: oh yes.
Been in a major accident?: no…I don’t know if you’ve picked up on this yet…but im not a huge risk taker.
Burnt yourself?: I am on the other hand irretrievably clumsy. Yes to this one.
Passed out?: yeah….and I get the feeling it wasn’t a very graceful move.
Watched a soap opera you didn't understand?: !!! my housekeepers/babysitters all used to watch that Spanish soap opera pelicula! Ohhh childhood flashback that I prob really didn’t need but still…wow.
Prank called 911?: nonono. But one of my sisters friends did once from our house….not cool.
Made fun of emos?: i make fun of everyone, indiscriminately. Im an equal opportunity maker of fun.
Acted like an emo, just to see what it's like?: ok, now seriously…what the hell are you even talking about?
Cheated on a test?: no. again not a risk taker.
Cheated on a boyfriend/girlfriend?: we were on a break!
Lied to get out of trouble?: affirmative.
Started a fire?: um…only in designated fire spots like fireplaces or firepits.
Roasted a marshmallow?: ohhhhh hell to the yes. I like mine black.
Set a marshmallow on fire?: totally, and I have been known to pretend that it was the Apollo 13 spacecraft during re-entry. (best not to ask)
--How many times?: should I have tallied? I don’t know – everytime ive ever roasted a marshmallow.
Wanted to drop out of school?: college, yep.
--Did you?: several times.
~*Randoms*~
Are you single or dating?: um. Single.
If single...do you like anyone?: no. I hate everyone.
--If so, who?: I hate the Dixie chicks, I hate Michael moore, I hate OJ Simpson, and I still hate Laura Hamilton from junior high.
--Why?: because they are all tools…and actually, they are all varying degrees of fat.
--Do you have a chance with them?: oh, that’s right – I sort of diverted the course of this questioning….um. well cant answer this one now.
If taken...who?:
--How long?:
--Are you happy?:
Last 4 digits of your phone number: no, that’s ok – really.
Your house number: see above
Why are you taking this survey?: because I am an epic loser….can there be any other reason?
What school do you go to?: technically Richmond uni in London – but that may/may not change.
--Do you like it?: um, enough I guess.
Your school colours?: I don’t know that we have any….we’re like…a pseudo college.
Your school teams' name?: yeah, see we don’t have any teams.
Ever been on a sports team?: yep.
--If yes, what was the name of it?: hehe, high point eagles (track & field, softball, basketball)….oh and the wildcats (softball)
--Did you enjoy it?: about as much as a sharp stick to the eye.
What do you want to be when you grow up?: a grown up…but im not sure I see that ever happening.
--Why?: because I am painfully immature and because I saw peter pan at an impressionable age.
Any plans for the near future?: I suck at plans.
What are your views on capital punishment?: fry ‘em.
--Nuclear weapons?: the us/Britain (does Britain have them?) would never use them….even for all of our bullshit….but take ‘em away from everyone else….because basically everyone else who has them is fucking nuts.
--Euthanasia?: its none of my business
--The Canadian government?: um. I don’t really have an opinion on anything Canadian, let alone their government..
--The American government?: oh we’re a pain in the ass in just about every way but we have our good points.
--The European Union?: im totally ignorant on this except that now the euro exists and while im sure that’s good, I miss getting to use all the nifty money from the individual countries. That was fun and their money was pretty.
--The UN?: um, semi worthless but whatever.
--Can you tell me who the Secretary-General of the UN is?: for a price.
What was your favourite grade of elementary school?: 5th grade maybe….or 3rd or 8th….i don’t know.
--Why?: when I look back on them they seem the least miserable. Its hard to say cause my school was like a nazi boot camp so it was never super fun…just some years sucked substantially less than others.
What are you wearing right now?: sweatshirt, undies.
--Any particular reason why?: because its comfortable. You’re trying my patience.
What was the last thing you ate?: sushiiiiiiiii
If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?: maybe violet…or a really deep red. (why did I have an answer ready for that question?)
How are you feeling today?: eh…upped my meds so I feel kinda jittery.
How many keys are on your keychain?: I think 5 or 6.
--What are they for?: my old flat in London from back in the day (I ALWAYS steal my keys from places I live), my Volvo station wagon (aka white coffin of death), my house.
What does the room you're in look like?: pink floral wallpaper (not too precious, not too girly), a sort of green-blue carpet that matches the leaves on the wallpaper, and then a BUNCH OF SHIT all over the fucking place – clothes EVERYWHERE. And it will probably remain this way for the better part of the summer.
--Do you like the room?: I love it…it doesn’t look like I do at the moment but I do….its my room….its been with me through everrrrrrything
Do you own an iPod?: two
--If yes, what kind?: one older white one and one black video one
Do you wear glasses or contacts?: nope 20/20….er, maybe 20/19 (is that possible?)
What's your view on laser eye surgery?: oh im totally opposed. P.S. hehe, viewwww on laser eye surgery….its like a pun….ok im officially bored.
--Would you ever consider it?: blah, maybe, sure I don’t know, blah
Weirdest thing about your parents: um….probably me.
What did you do this weekend?: sat in the sun, swam, drank diet coke. Filled out this stupid shit.
--Was it enjoyable?: all but the last one….im really disappointed in this particular survey….i cant do my job well if you, survey writer, do not do your job well.
What\'s your greatest fear?: snakes. Rapists. Being burned alive.
Your greatest strength?: I rule at trivia games. And I have a massive vocabulary. And I can act my way into or out of anything as the case requires.
What country do you fear the most: obviously north korea.
Have you ever been in a third-world country?: is mexico third world? Im not being a jerk im just really not sure.
--Would you ever want to live in one?: im supposed to say yes, aren’t i? that id love to go to a third world country and help people and irrigate farms, and build houses, right?
What song do you have stuck in your head right now?: miss you by rolling stones.
Will poverty ever end?: um, no bob geldof, it will not.
--Why or why not?: because capitalism is human nature. Social Darwinism, etc. and to some extent im ok with that. Not totally, but I am American after all. Kinda founded on that, really.
Will we destroy our own planet?: ohhh probably, I don’t know.
--How? I am sure we’ll find a way.
Man--inherently good, or inherently evil?: mostly inherently good, a handful inherently evil, but unfortunately the greatest proportion of all – inherently stupid.
13 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment