29 June 2007

Isaiah Washington is out of his fucking mind.

'Actor Isaiah Washington insists the only reason he was fired from TV show Grey's Anatomy for making a homophobic remark was because of the color of his skin. Washington infamously made an offensive comment about castmate T.R. Knight last October and repeated it at the Golden Globe Awards earlier this year. But the 43-year-old claims he was fired from Grey's Anatomy earlier this month because America can't find it in its heart to forgive an African-American. He cites the examples of actor Robert Downey, Jr., who has rebuilt his career despite multiple run-ins with the police over his drug problems, and politician Arnold Schwarzenneger, who has fought allegations of sexual misconduct. Washington tells U.S. magazine Newsweek, "I apologized and showed my remorse for what I said and for the pain I caused anyone. If a black man can't get forgiveness in this country, when so many other people like Robert Downey, Jr. and the governor of California get second and third chances... I think that says a lot about race and this country where we stand."'

Robert Downey Jr. is sitting around somewhere going what the hell did I ever do to you, Isaiah?

Also, you can't claim you were fired from a show with a black CREATOR/WRITER and fellow black CASTMATES. You were fired because you put Patrick Dempsey in a chokehold, repeatedly demeaned T.R. Knight, and a billion other things that the public has no knowledge of. Your castmates hated working with you, and the only reason we don't know about half the other incidents on set is because for the most part everyone else has tried to stay above the fray. And yes, they fired you after you 'got help' and 'did everything they asked you to'....it's called contract renegotiations. It's called we're putting up with your shit for creative reasons and because we have a CONTRACT with you for this season and if we fire you NOW you can sue....something that based on your attitude, which has come to light in a very pronounced way, indicates that youre not above the occasional frivolous law suit.

I realize I am addressing this to Isaiah specifically and this may seem a bit strange, but I figure with his recent unemployment, he's got a lot of time on his hands with which to surf the internet.

I am so sick of the race card I can't even stand it. I want Obama to get elected just so I don't have to listen to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson ever again. Fucking hell.

Ok...I'm done. I feel cleansed.

No comments: